6/30/11

Uncharted 3 MP First Thoughts

Sorry guys for keeping you outdated yesterday but out Premier Editor Joes was playing Uncharted's 3 MP Beta all day long to make his first thoughts about it and tell you guys wants going on over there.

When I first started to pay the Beta on Wednesday I had hear a lot of terrible things about the Beta, such as the difficulty of getting into a match, or the constant lagging or even the constant crashing and freezing. But I was happy when I fist got into a match, yeah it took me sometime but not that much as I read in other places, because I instantly felt the changes Naughty Dog made to the game, the implementation of sprinting when you press the left analog, the new "buddy system" and the evolving maps. The buddy system works when you play Three Team Deathmatch and you make a kill with your friend's help, when this happens an icon will pop up over the dead body, you and your buddy must get to there and press down in the arrow pad, then you and your buddy will high five each other giving you $150, this system is really awesome because while I was playing in the Co-Op Arena every time I ended up a round I high five and fist bump my buddy cyberpoyo, and it went from being something we did for fun to something we do to thank the other when he revives me or saves my ass of trouble.
Remember about the "evolving maps" I talked about? Well what I mean is maps that when you go to a certain part something happens, for example in Chateau there's a part when as you wali by the floor starts falling down on fire!! Or in my favorite map, Airstrip there's three buttons that when pushed close different doors, and even a plane that drops a bomb in a little wood room and explodes!
Another new thing is the character customization, something I don't really cafe because there's nothing to customize in the villains section because they only give you a character to choose, a pirate, but well the character customization goes from the color of the shirt to the type of skin.
Something that really surprised me was the brand new Uncharted TV, a little box on the left corner of your TV where Naughty Dog puts interesting videos, such as all Uncharted 3 trailers, to guides of how to play and what's new in the Multiplayer, in the future Naughty Dog will be putting videos made by gamers such as impressive kills or funny creations on the theater mode to even more guides; the Uncharted TV runs really smoothly, it has never stopped showing me videos since I start playing!! Another brand new feature is the ability to play with your Facebook friends just by linking your PSN account to your Facebook account, the app will find your friends and invite them to play with you! The sad thing is that Naughty Dog has stopped this service because of problems with it, but in the future it would be totally functional.
Remember the perks of Call Of Duty games? Well there's something similar, but not too much, in the multiplayer, they are called Boosters and what they do is give you an especial ability like seeing the guy that just killed you up to 15 meters away until they die, or just short the spawn time by two seconds, and then is the awesome medal kickback, a reward you get after wining a certain number of medals, for example you have won 14 medals in a game and you just feel like kicking everyone's ass well then spawn a RPG right in your hands and show everybody what you are made of. If you think the boosters and kickbacks will make the game unbalanced you are crazy, because getting the best ones such as the RPG or the Cluster bombs take a while to do and they only give you two rockets with the RPG and one grenade with the cluster bomb.
So in other in words the Multiplayer IS AWESOME and you just have to try it by yourself!

So tell us guys how is the Beta going for you? Are you killing everyone? Or everyone is killing you??


Follow Hunted Pixel on Twitter @HuntedPixel

This article was made by Joes.

No comments:

Post a Comment