8/24/16

Titanfall 2


Titanfall's 2 pre-alpha tech test was released last weekend and of course we had to try it. Because you know even though we constantly disappear for months or years we still try to bring to you some content. 

At first I was a little skeptical about what I could experience in this pre-alpha, the latest betas I have played have been quite disappointing and frustrating so for me this one was going to be the same. But hey! If it's free to download there's no harm in doing so, plus I have to get the most out of my PS plus subscription. 

When I first booted the pre-alpha everything looked simple but good, then a cutscene started, it was a little introduction to the game and what can be expected of it when it finally releases. I skipped the tutorial and decided to instantly jump online, I could figure the controls and mechanics all by myself. I was wrong. I had to go back to the menu and do the tutorial and that's when the real fun started.
After a certain number of kills and completion of objectives you finally have enough points to call your Titan (giant robot) from the skies, some people have said that the amount of points required to get a titan is overwhelming but I found this to be a lie, to me it was a fair amount of points because getting a Titan can be a real gamechanger when your team is losing in the most miserable way. It is a tool to completely change the tides, but it can also be frustrating because when you start using the Titan, killing other players who don't have Titans and are still simple pilots can be really difficult, but for them to kill your Titan can be a stroll in the park because once they are in top of your magnificent metal Titan it is quite difficult to get them off, like trying to outrun a mob of white girls going for their pumpkin spice latte while taking selfies. 


The guns showed in the beta were unbalanced too. From the options they gave us there were only 2 that actually worked for something. What it really caught my attention was the different abilities and grenades you could give to your pilot and how much the way you played could change thanks to them. For example there was an ability to send two holograms of yourself to distract other players and a grenade that would pull enemy pilots towards it, like a black hole, and then it would explode.
For a pre-alpha what I saw and experienced was really good and it gave me good vibes, unlike other betas, and it assure me that Titanfall 2 might be worht my money. 

For last excuse me if my writing is rusty and it offends you, but it's been quite some time since I last wrote for Hunted Pixel, well actually since anyone did, and I might have lost my magic touch, so please bear with me while the old me comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment