8/26/16

Let´s Talk About Nazi Zombies

Ever since Treyarch´s nazi zombies changed in Black Ops 2,my interest in that game mode decreased a lot. When they introduced new characters I thought I would never see the 4 guys I loved playing as, I thought Treyarch was done with them and that a new group of heroes was going to take over, but it wasn´t like that, Treyarch knew their gold mine in Zombies was the story of Dempsey, Nikolai, Takeo and Richtofen. And they used that card in their advantage making the 4 heroes only playable in some of the DLCs, in others they only talked to the player in order to make him complete certain goals.
















At the beginning Nazi Zombies (now just Zombies) was a pretty simple thing, you had to survive the infinite rounds of zombies trying to kill you while opening new areas of the map, purchasing new weapons and using a mysterious box. Then new maps came with new guns, a story appeared through some forgotten audio recorders left around in the map and the famous objective of turning on the power was introduced. The enemies were not just zombies now because after a certain amount or rounds hell hounds would appear. At this time I was so into Zombies I even knew by memory some of the characters lines when they performed certain actions or got certain power-ups.

All copyrights belong to their respective owners
Wunderwaffe DG-2
Everything was perfect, I loved the way the game was played, I loved the characters, the maps, the weapons and the weird story. Then eveything canged when the fire nation attacked in Black Ops 2. New characters appeared and Zombies came back after everybody thought Treyarch had finished the story. From that moment Zombies became a mixture of things that had no relation whatsoever to what we were shown at first. Knights, dragons, giant robots, the Margwa and flying parasytes became part of that mixture and my interest in the game disappeared completely. At least until I heard that the final zombies map was going to be released in BO3 and that it would bring the final closure to the story.

All copyrights belong to their respective owners
Margwa

I bought BO3 and started playing zombies, at first I hated it. I couldn´t get past round 10 and everything seemed so chaotic and confusing. Then with time I learned how to get around the map and how to use the gobblegums improving my experience with the game and I have to admit BO3 has revived my interest and love for zombies so I will be getting that last DLC next month and I will be telling if I liked it or not. Also I am planning in making a special about zombies for when the last DLC releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment