1/15/15

Horror Games!

Last year was a pretty good year for the horror genre with games like The Evil Within, Alien Isolation, Outlast and Five Nights at Freddy´s and I loved that because all my life I have loved watching horror movies and being able to play a lot of horror games is a dream come true. From the creepy halls in Outlast to the f-ing jumpscares in Five Nights at Freddy´s I enjoyed and suffered every single moment of terror and fear that those games threw at me, but they are just a few games because if I mentioned every single one it would take me quite some time and I´m kind of lazy if not extremely lazy.

But for me the best horror of experience was not from a game but from a playable teaser released only in PS4 called P.T. Beleive me I screamed like a b!tch playing that game and I had to stop playing it several times only to come back for more later. When I played P.T. I only had one rule, don´t play this game alone, and I never did, I always shared the horror with someone and thanks to that I survived this incredible master piece created by Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro.


So now I´m pretty excited for 2015 and the horror games it will bring upon us like Draugen, a horror game set in Norwegian west coast and where as usual the goal will be survival, from who or what is yet to be known but well we will patiently wait for it. 


Other game is SOMA, this is a new game developed by Frictional Games the same guys that scared the shit out of everyone with Amnesia, this game seems to be filled with gore and some kind of human robots that will try to kill us, more is yet to be known about the game but once again I want to play it like amnesia and probably have a heart attack.


The last game I´m excited for is Outlast 2, the first one was amazing and had really good graphics so if the guys at Red Barrels can even overcome what they did they will create another masterpiece. At this point nothing is known about the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment